- Remember! Purified water is not distilled water!
- An autoclave must adopt distilled water as it’s operation medium
- Even distilled water has various minerals, and can produce furring scale after evaporation at high temperatures, which, after a period of time, can lead to leaking of steam due to improper closure
- It can also lead to clogging in the narrow pipes and pressure sensor, to the malfunction of temperature sensor and to other failures
- Once the furring scale enters the handpiece and other instruments which are hollow inside or have apertures, it will clog the narrow pipes and axis, lowering the turning speed of the handpiece, thus reducing its lifespan.
- Using DISTILLED WATER is necessary!